Some things I've had (or have seen) success with:
1) Leverage social media. Universally this should include Facebook and Twitter. Depending on the app/site, it may also make sense to check out Pinterest, though that's still a maturing platform.
2) Mailchimp. Get a list together, send out updates, don't be bashful, but don't be spammy, especially if your friends are on the list.
3) Like-gated promotions: Put together a like-gated or follow-gated contest (i.e., you have to "Like" the page in order to enter).
4) Beta competition: If the next step is a beta launch, put together a contest for the beta users to A) help drive additional feedback/usage, and B) create content.
5) Make some cheap videos. Reference the "Daily Shave" guys and their recent success.
6) Get it in front of key influencers in your market, particularly bloggers with big followings or media reps.
Answered 1 year ago by Ethan Bagley